Well that’ll teach me to release something on the 13th…
I’ve managed to nail a bunch of reported and un-reported bugs and update the 3DSMax 9 SMD exporter. So we’re now at version 0.2b! Bug fixes are as follows:
- Fixed bug where floating point numbers were output in user’s regional locale format. (Thanks a bunch Microsoft for adding that “feature”…)
- Fixed hidden bones and meshes being exported. Now, in normal “Export” mode only what is visible is exported. In “Export Selected” mode, what is selected is exported even if it is hidden.
- Fixed bug where a bone who’s parent is not to be exported had its position and rotation misplaced.
- Revised mesh output so that if a vertex’s weights include a bone that isn’t to be exported, all weights are collapsed and assigned to the meshes default bone. This stops invalid vertex weights.
- Stopped exporter over-writing file with nothing if Cancel button pressed.
So, we’re still in beta so keep reporting those bugs. You should re-download the plug-in and replace the file in your Max plug-ins folder.
Responses to “3DS Max 9 SMD Exporter Update”