Mar. 29, 2007 @ 22:30
3DS Max 9 SMD Exporter Update – 0.5Beta

Another update to my Max 9 SMD export plug-in.

This update should address the bug where normals were being exported with the value “-1.#IND000” instead of something sane. I’m not 100% sure if this bug is caused by user error with bad modelling, Visual Studio 2005 or Max’s 3DXI interface. Either way, I used a completely different approach to retrieve the normals vectors and this seems to solve it.

I’m starting to think that 3DXI is a really buggy system and wish I’d not used it at all now. While it’s pushed as being a simple API for people writing game export plug-in’s, I seem to be constantly coding around bugs in it with more “pure” Max SDK code.

Anyway, update your plug-in to the latest version and let me know of any more bugs.

Responses to “3DS Max 9 SMD Exporter Update – 0.5Beta”

Hey man very nice plugin. I use it with GLScene (which is a 3d graphics engine that uses SMD as a proprietary animation format) and max 9 (obviously) … Up until now we have been using Max8 and CFs plugin. So I’m glad I finally found your work for R9.

No problems as of yet but will keep you updated if i find any because we use it daily with hundreds of custom made models. Good work!

Btw, 3dXI is for sure a buggy system which is why everyone in our dev team avoids using it at all costs!

Posted by AnarchyRising
Sun, April 15th, 2007 @ 13:18

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.