Day of Defeat Map models
I’ve had a lot or requests of late to make map models – generic objects so to speak – that mappers can add to their custom maps. Models generally get made on as as needed basis or on request, if you can convince me to make it! 🙂
The models below have been compiled and are ready to use either in Valve’s Half-Life/Goldsrc engine or the new Half-Life 2/Source engine. If you are working on a project for a different game engine and would like to use one of my models, please contact me to discuss what you need.
If you have ideas/requests for changes to these models please tell me – I will endeavour to help you out.
The following models are provided for use only under the following terms. They may sound harsh, but their fairly simple and fair and are only their because some jerks like to try ripping off my work as their own. Be a nice guy with my stuff and I’ll treat you the same.
- You may use these models in your own Goldsrc/Source based mod or map providing it is NON-PROFIT and NON-COMMERCIAL.
- You may NOT recompile these models into any other format or any other game engine other than that provided.
- You may only decompile them for the purpose of learning and experimentation. You may NOT use any part of these model or their textures in your own work without my express permission.
- You MUST credit myself as the author of the model in any README or documentation included with your mod or map. This shold be in the form of my name, the name of the model and a the URL of this website.
Half-Life 2/Source models
USAAF C-47 Skytrain
A typical USAAF Douglas C-47 Skytrain transport aircraft as used to drop Airborne troops during WWII. ZIP file contains a 1:1 scale "flying" model, a 1:1 scale belly landed version and a 1:16 scale version for skyboxes.
- jed_c47_skytrain.zip (v1.0) (2643 downloads)
German IX-B U-Boat
German type IX-B U-Boat of which only 14 examples were made, yet in terms of tonnage sunk per boat was the most sucessful type made.
Model is split into 7 sub-models for the purpose of optimisation and details of how to re-construct it correctly in your maps can be found included in the ZIP file. Also includes extra torpedo stack prop model at no additional cost.
- jed_ixb_uboat.zip (v1.0) (4803 downloads)
Waco CG-4A “Hadrian” Glider
Waco glider as used in US Airborne operations during WWII. Model of the glider complete with the nose up and down, level and “nose down” attiude. Included are “crash landed” variations with various levels of damage and additional parts.
- jed_waco_glider.zip (v1.0) (2807 downloads)
German Kubelwagen Type-82
Classic German Kubelwagen in grey, camouflage and desert paint scheme. Includes un-damaged and burnt out versions, seperate and combined as one model with submodels.
- jed_kubelwagens.zip (v1.0) (2337 downloads)
Exploding Pine Tree
Exploding and falling pine tree as if hit by a air-bursting artillery round. Note: Use the second sub-model with the fall animation to give the shattered trunk. Includes two models, one undamaged and one with blown trunk, plus 3 animations – static, swaying and falling.
NOTE It was brought my attention by one of the developers that in Half-Life, when you use a “named” model in a map (one that is called by name and swaps between a submodel and/or animation) the server tracks all of the bones in it. In the case of the original fir tree with 31 bones, this was the equivalent on an extra player and may cause some lag if there are a lot of them. To this end I’ve included a version of the tree with only 3 bones. It falls the same, just that the branches aren’t animated.
- jed_exploding_pine.zip (v1.0) (1657 downloads)
Generic pine tree model in 3 different sizes.
- 2 sub-models per model. First is normal texture, second is winter snow texture
- Each model as 3 sizes – large, medium and small. Scale factors are 1.0, 0.95 and 0.75
- Various variations – dense/thin folaige, upright, chopped down, blown down and various stumps
- Static and swaying animations
- jed_pinetrees2.zip (v1.0) (1825 downloads)
Generic deciduous tree model.
- 4 sub-models – all the same size/shape but with different bark and foliage
- Static, gently sway and falling leaves animations
- jed_deciduous_trees01.zip (v1.0) (2194 downloads)
German style U-Boat loosely styled on the type XI and painted in tiger stripe cammo.
- Undamaged/Damaged sub-models
- Hi-Res textures
- Idle and simple sinking animation
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.